Ethical Standards Policy
At ReferralSmart™, we believe strongly that businesses and individuals should always act in an ethical, responsible manner. As part of the requirements for joining our site, we ask all members to agree to abide by an Ethical Standards Policy in relation to their ReferralSmart™ membership. Please read the policy below, carefully. If you don't agree to it, please do not join us. However, if you do agree to follow our Ethical Standars Policy... then you probably already eminate the type of business person that this site is trying to help - and we welcome you to be a ReferralSmart™ member!
Ethical Standards Policy
- Applicable Professional Standards - Each Member will uphold the ethics and standards of their profession or trade at all times. Any professional standards of conduct required by the profession will take precidence over those of this site, except in the case where ReferralSmart Ethical Standards are more stringent than those of that profession or trade;
- Know Your Connections - Members who agree to become a Connection with other members are responsible for becoming familar with ("getting to know") those other members' businesses. The purpose of this is twofold. First, to maximize the correct referral opportunities in order to help that member grow. Second, to help protect the person being referred from an unscrupulous business or person;
- Good Faith Referrals - Members will provide what they believe to be genuine referrals to each other, in good faith, and as part of the site's purpose helping members grow by passing qualified referrals among each other. This is the primary objective. Members will not make referrals for the primary objective of getting Rewards Points or any other incentives;
- Integrity - Members will act with integrity at all times when dealing with other members and any referrals received. Members being referred to will respect any overlapping business opportunities of the member making the referral (in other words, a member who receives a referral, will not try to steal away the customer or client of the member who is making the referral);
- Service - Members will make their genuine and best efforts to follow-up with referrals received and provide feedback to the member who referred the business to them. If a member cannot provide a service they will notify the referral and the member who referred them;
- Positive Association - Members will act in a positive and helpful manner with other members and their referrals and when discussing other members to their referrals.